Restore sharing permissions - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore sharing permissions - Veritas Net Backup ; How can I restore file sharing permissions when restoring from a backup using Netbackup 6.0 MP3 in windows 2003. The files are restored to a different location...

  1. Restore sharing permissions

    How can I restore file sharing permissions when restoring from a backup using
    Netbackup 6.0 MP3 in windows 2003. The files are restored to a different
    location

  2. Re: Restore sharing permissions

    Sharing information is stored in the SAM. I'm not sure how you can do an
    altenate locate/redirect restore and still maintain sharing information.
    Perhaps you could do a full DR of the box on an alternate server, read the
    sharing information using some sort of Perl script...maybe AdminMisc? and
    "import" it to the newly redirect restore. This is hard to do if you aren't
    good with Perl/scripting. It's doable with reasonable scripting skills.

    "Harish.R" wrote:

    >How can I restore file sharing permissions when restoring from a backup

    using
    >Netbackup 6.0 MP3 in windows 2003. The files are restored to a different
    >location

  3. Re: Restore sharing permissions

    File shares are in the registry at:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\Shares]

    Share permissions are at:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\Shares\Security]

    I just export the reg key from one server and import on the
    second.............

    Here is the MS KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125996/en-us

    "Chan" wrote in message news:44f32433@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Sharing information is stored in the SAM. I'm not sure how you can do an
    > altenate locate/redirect restore and still maintain sharing information.
    > Perhaps you could do a full DR of the box on an alternate server, read the
    > sharing information using some sort of Perl script...maybe AdminMisc? and
    > "import" it to the newly redirect restore. This is hard to do if you
    > aren't
    > good with Perl/scripting. It's doable with reasonable scripting skills.
    >
    > "Harish.R" wrote:
    >>
    >>How can I restore file sharing permissions when restoring from a backup

    > using
    >>Netbackup 6.0 MP3 in windows 2003. The files are restored to a different
    >>location

+ Reply to Thread