Changing tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Changing tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; I have an autoloader with 8 slots. I have populated all slots for a daily backup per tape (7 tapes for 7 days, and the 8th slot for cleaning tape). NetBackup has assigned the slot number media ID for all ...

  1. Changing tapes

    I have an autoloader with 8 slots. I have populated all slots for a daily
    backup per tape (7 tapes for 7 days, and the 8th slot for cleaning tape).

    NetBackup has assigned the slot number media ID for all the tapes. I am wondering
    if I can remove a tape from its slot, put a new one in and have it recognized
    by NetBackup. I tried this and it didnt work. Am I missing a something?

  2. Re: Changing tapes

    Does your library have a bar code reader?

    "D Thomas" wrote in message

    > I have an autoloader with 8 slots. I have populated all slots for a daily
    > backup per tape (7 tapes for 7 days, and the 8th slot for cleaning tape).
    >
    > NetBackup has assigned the slot number media ID for all the tapes. I am
    > wondering
    > if I can remove a tape from its slot, put a new one in and have it
    > recognized
    > by NetBackup. I tried this and it didnt work. Am I missing a something?

+ Reply to Thread