Disk drive full - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Disk drive full - Veritas Net Backup ; We are using Veritas Netbackup 5.0MP5 on a Windows 2003 server and the drive (D that contains the Veritas folder is just about full, 3.0MB remaining. Is there a way to compress the DB or remove older logs from the ...

  1. Disk drive full

    We are using Veritas Netbackup 5.0MP5 on a Windows 2003 server and the drive
    (D that contains the Veritas folder is just about full, 3.0MB remaining.
    Is there a way to compress the DB or remove older logs from the Veritas
    folder? Or is there any other way to get drive space back? There is nothing
    else installed on this server. Thanks,

  2. Re: Disk drive full

    Hi Steve,

    Also check that VolMgr/Logs aren't too full either.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "SteveP" wrote in message

    > We are using Veritas Netbackup 5.0MP5 on a Windows 2003 server and the
    > drive
    > (D that contains the Veritas folder is just about full, 3.0MB remaining.
    > Is there a way to compress the DB or remove older logs from the Veritas
    > folder? Or is there any other way to get drive space back? There is
    > nothing
    > else installed on this server. Thanks,

  3. Re: Disk drive full

    "SteveP" wrote:

    >We are using Veritas Netbackup 5.0MP5 on a Windows 2003 server and the drive
    >(D that contains the Veritas folder is just about full, 3.0MB remaining.
    > Is there a way to compress the DB or remove older logs from the Veritas
    >folder? Or is there any other way to get drive space back? There is nothing
    >else installed on this server. Thanks,

    The majority is taken up by db/images with the rest mostly taken up by logs.
    You can turn down your logging level to reduce the size of the logs and
    adjust how many days' worth you keep but that isn't going to buy you much.
    The only problem with messing with the images directory is when someone
    tries to do a restore [there may be other consequences but that's the most
    obvious one].

    When this situation happened to me I chose to expand my /nbu partition rather
    than try any disk space gymnastics.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread