netbackup DB inconsistency ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on netbackup DB inconsistency ? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hey all, I have a mind boggling problem, I have a bunch of media which is the following: - when reports run on the pool, it is reported as protected for 1 year - when i run bpexpdate on any ...

  1. netbackup DB inconsistency ?

    Hey all,

    I have a mind boggling problem, I have a bunch of media which is the following:
    - when reports run on the pool, it is reported as protected for 1 year
    - when i run bpexpdate on any media to expire it immediately, my system reports
    that the media does not exist
    - when i run media contents report of any of those media, i get a bunch of
    backup IDs which do not show up in the "client backups" report
    - when i run bpexpdate on the backup IDs themselves, i also get that no backup
    ID exists with the ID i listed
    - when i try to erase the media, NB says its assigned and cannot be erased

    What i am trying to do is delete these media and redefine them (as if completely
    new) without changing their barcode IDs.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    NB: Is there a utility or something which will fix inconsistencies inside
    the database ? maybe and export/import thing which will automatically do
    a "cleanup" of old/invalid/inconsistent entries ?

  2. Re: netbackup DB inconsistency ?

    If you are using in Windows environment:
    Here's the tech note reference,running Dbase consistency check.

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282233
    We bave not yet run this ourselves, but we will, as we have the same exact
    issue as you do.----Durane/State Of Wisconsin-DWD

+ Reply to Thread