restore root drive - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on restore root drive - Veritas Net Backup ; Hey I'm looking for documentation on how to restore a root drive. Background I have a 2 cluster setup and one of the system's root drive has been corrupted. It has oracle. having problems with the user directory. Any documentation ...

  1. restore root drive

    Hey I'm looking for documentation on how to restore a root drive.

    Background

    I have a 2 cluster setup and one of the system's root drive has been corrupted.
    It has oracle. having problems with the user directory.

    Any documentation would be helpful

    Thanks

  2. Re: restore root drive

    If this is Solaris, then restore it to a temporary location/system, boot system
    into single user mode using cdrom boot, format disk, and copy files to disk.
    Then make the disk bootable using "installboot".

    I'm not sure about the cluster part. All that procedure will give you a
    non-redundant system provided that you edit the vfstab file to make sure
    things are mounted properly.

    "Matt Eckenswiller" wrote:

    >Hey I'm looking for documentation on how to restore a root drive.
    >
    >Background
    >
    >I have a 2 cluster setup and one of the system's root drive has been corrupted.
    >It has oracle. having problems with the user directory.
    >
    >Any documentation would be helpful
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread