BPSTART fails to execute / get called - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on BPSTART fails to execute / get called - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi folks BPSTART on my W23 Sp1 server simply does not execute. The BPSTART has been copied from goodies to \bin but on starting a policy from the master that runs on this media server the BPSTART does get called. ...

  1. BPSTART fails to execute / get called

    Hi folks
    BPSTART on my W23 Sp1 server simply does not execute. The BPSTART has been
    copied from goodies to \bin but on starting a policy from the master that
    runs on this media server the BPSTART does get called. The backup completes
    o.k.

    I think that I have the GPO's and service accout details correct and can't
    see why this BPSTART does not work. I have it functioning on other servers
    o.k. Is there some permission or access right that is required?

    If you have thoughts on this then let me know.

  2. Re: BPSTART fails to execute / get called

    "JJ" wrote:

    >Hi folks
    >BPSTART on my W23 Sp1 server simply does not execute. The BPSTART has been
    >copied from goodies to \bin but on starting a policy from the master that
    >runs on this media server the BPSTART does get called. The backup completes
    >o.k.
    >
    >I think that I have the GPO's and service accout details correct and can't
    >see why this BPSTART does not work. I have it functioning on other servers
    >o.k. Is there some permission or access right that is required?
    >
    >If you have thoughts on this then let me know.

    Doesn't bpstart/bpend have to be on the client [not the media server, unless
    the media server is the client]? From your post, it sounds like you've got
    it on the media server.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread