Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2 - Veritas Net Backup ; Can you catch the trafic between the master and the client (ethereal for ex) ? I had the same pb with an old version of libstc++???.so Dans son message pr écédent, Oyvind a écrit : > Hello > > I ...

  1. Re: Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2

    Can you catch the trafic between the master and the client (ethereal
    for ex) ?

    I had the same pb with an old version of libstc++???.so

    Dans son message précédent, Oyvind a écrit :
    > Hello
    >
    > I use Win2003 on Master server (don't have Media server) and have a lot of
    > WinNT clients around on servers in my network. But now the first Linux server
    > is on place. It is a Dell PowerEdge server with Linux RedHat 4.2 Enterprise
    > Ed installed.
    > I have purchased a license an entered the license number on the Master
    > server. Then I inserted the CD with the linux client on, logged on as root,
    > an installed the client. OK
    > I have created a new policy for linux, and added hte linux server. But I
    > get error 25: can't connect on socket
    > I can ping each direction. Also I have checked DNS resolve and NSlookup and
    > reversed nslookup. Eveything seems OK. I can also telnet from master server
    > to the linux client trough port 13720, 13724 and 13782.
    >
    > Please help. This is the first time I install a Linux client, and I'm not
    > good in Linux :-(

  2. Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2

[...]

  3. Re: Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2

    Yes. The traffic seams to bee OK. Any other clues?

    Hartmann Eric wrote:
    >Can you catch the trafic between the master and the client (ethereal
    >for ex) ?
    >
    >I had the same pb with an old version of libstc++???.so
    >
    >Dans son message précédent, Oyvind a écrit :
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I use Win2003 on Master server (don't have Media server) and have a lot

    of
    >> WinNT clients around on servers in my network. But now the first Linux

    server
    >> is on place. It is a Dell PowerEdge server with Linux RedHat 4.2 Enterprise
    >> Ed installed.
    >> I have purchased a license an entered the license number on the Master

    >> server. Then I inserted the CD with the linux client on, logged on as

    root,
    >> an installed the client. OK
    >> I have created a new policy for linux, and added hte linux server. But

    >> get error 25: can't connect on socket
    >> I can ping each direction. Also I have checked DNS resolve and NSlookup

    and
    >> reversed nslookup. Eveything seems OK. I can also telnet from master server
    >> to the linux client trough port 13720, 13724 and 13782.
    >>
    >> Please help. This is the first time I install a Linux client, and I'm

    not
    >> good in Linux :-(

  4. Re: Client on Linux RedHat ED 4.2

    Hello again

    I managed it to work. Had to set up a static host route to master server.

    Best regards

    Oyvind

    "Oyvind" wrote:

    >Yes. The traffic seams to bee OK. Any other clues?
    >

    >Hartmann Eric wrote:
    >>Can you catch the trafic between the master and the client (ethereal
    >>for ex) ?
    >>
    >>I had the same pb with an old version of libstc++???.so
    >>
    >>Dans son message précédent, Oyvind a écrit :
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I use Win2003 on Master server (don't have Media server) and have a lot

    >of
    >>> WinNT clients around on servers in my network. But now the first Linux

    >server
    >>> is on place. It is a Dell PowerEdge server with Linux RedHat 4.2 Enterprise
    >>> Ed installed.
    >>> I have purchased a license an entered the license number on the Master

    >>> server. Then I inserted the CD with the linux client on, logged on as

    >root,
    >>> an installed the client. OK
    >>> I have created a new policy for linux, and added hte linux server. But

    >>> get error 25: can't connect on socket
    >>> I can ping each direction. Also I have checked DNS resolve and NSlookup

    >and
    >>> reversed nslookup. Eveything seems OK. I can also telnet from master

    server
    >>> to the linux client trough port 13720, 13724 and 13782.
    >>>
    >>> Please help. This is the first time I install a Linux client, and I'm

    >not
    >>> good in Linux :-(

+ Reply to Thread