Hi Calz,

What's your cross site link? 10Gb, or 2Gb, or 1Gb? You'll be pushing the
limits trying to fill the bandwidth of even two LTO3 drives at each site
across a 2Gb link. Is that right? LTO3 = 60MB/s, times 4 drives = 240MB/s
= 1920Mb/s. So assuming a 2Gb link is split into 1Gb each way, you'll
probably only be able to drive two LTO3 drives. Is that right?

Ours is a small shop, we have 8 x LTO1, and one 700 tape silo, in each of
two sites using a two fabric SAN over 2Gb. We daily backup about 3.5TB
(about 2TB from site A to site B, and about 1.5TB from site B to site A),
and more at the weekends. No vaulting, each site is the offsite for the
other site.

We backup clients in site A via media servers in site A to storage units
(i.e. drives) in site B, and we backup clients in site B via media servers
in site B to storage units in site A. This way all the high performance
volume data traffic is over the 2Gb SAN and not over the standard 1Gb LAN
between the two sites.

Regards,
Dave.