Restoring NBU catalog from disk instead of tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restoring NBU catalog from disk instead of tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Yes, I have saved a v5.1 master server to disk. Then copied the data to another server, and recovered the catalog to another server with the same name on a physically separate LAN....

  1. Re: Restoring NBU catalog from disk instead of tape

    Yes, I have saved a v5.1 master server to disk. Then copied the data to
    another server, and recovered the catalog to another server with the same
    name on a physically separate LAN.

  2. Restoring NBU catalog from disk instead of tape

    Has anyone tried or been successful with restoring a hot catalog backup that
    is sent to disk rather than tape? I am trying to setup a scenario where
    I direct the hot catalog backups to disk and then rsync the resulting catalog
    files to an offsite location. I am still sifting through the documentation
    sets on how to do this.

    Thanks

  3. Re: Restoring NBU catalog from disk instead of tape

    Ooops, just noticed that you specified "hot catalog" backup from v6.0.

    Yes, I would regularly take live production "hot catalog" backups tapes and
    recover the catalog to completely different hardware in the test lab. Did
    it many many times (>40 times, all successful). You'll need the special
    "DR" file, that you should be emailing offsite... (I hope)...

    Regards,
    Dave.

+ Reply to Thread