"nbpem" daemon is not terminated - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on "nbpem" daemon is not terminated - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi~ I'm using NetBackup 6.0 Server. Previously I used 5.1 version.(upgraded) I found scheduled backup jobs are skipped often. So I executed manual backup. but not active. In this time, netbackup daemon is not terminated. "nbpem" policy execution manager is ...

  1. "nbpem" daemon is not terminated

    Hi~
    I'm using NetBackup 6.0 Server.
    Previously I used 5.1 version.(upgraded)

    I found scheduled backup jobs are skipped often.
    So I executed manual backup. but not active.
    In this time, netbackup daemon is not terminated.
    "nbpem" policy execution manager is not killed
    So I use unix system command (kill -9 uid)

    After this action, I restarted the PBX service.
    Then, scheduled or manual backup jobs are performed successfully.

    I'm wondering why "nbpem" process is not terminated.
    Why do I kill nbpem process using "kill -9 uid" command.

    This symptom is critical to me...

    Please give me a hand.....

  2. Re: "nbpem" daemon is not terminated

    Sorry, not a response, just jumping on the bandwagon...
    ... I'm running NetBackup 6.0 on Solaris 8. When a catalog backup is run,
    it hangs the library. This past time, after stopping and starting the NetBackup
    daemons we noticed that nbpem would not start. We killed some orphaned process
    and finally we were able to start nbpem.

    The problem with a catalog backup causing the drives to hang persists, however.

    "Mrkim" wrote:

    >Hi~
    >I'm using NetBackup 6.0 Server.
    >Previously I used 5.1 version.(upgraded)
    >
    >I found scheduled backup jobs are skipped often.
    >So I executed manual backup. but not active.
    >In this time, netbackup daemon is not terminated.
    >"nbpem" policy execution manager is not killed
    >So I use unix system command (kill -9 uid)
    >
    >After this action, I restarted the PBX service.
    >Then, scheduled or manual backup jobs are performed successfully.
    >
    >I'm wondering why "nbpem" process is not terminated.
    >Why do I kill nbpem process using "kill -9 uid" command.
    >
    >This symptom is critical to me...
    >
    >Please give me a hand.....

+ Reply to Thread