Move Catalog Location - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Move Catalog Location - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi there. I'm about to implement NBU 6.0 MP3 and was wondering if it's possible to have the catalogs reside on a different drive to the install location? Our server SOE provides a 20GB boot partition. We'll be installing the ...

  1. Move Catalog Location

    Hi there. I'm about to implement NBU 6.0 MP3 and was wondering if it's possible
    to have the catalogs reside on a different drive to the install location?
    Our server SOE provides a 20GB boot partition. We'll be installing the program
    to C:\PROGRAM FILES... is it possible to tell NBU to store the db's somewhere
    else or do i just need to install the program to another drive with the space?

    cheers
    mike

  2. Re: Move Catalog Location

    Easiest is just to install it on a drive with enough space for the install
    and the catalog. You can use an ALTPATH file to repoint the catalog to a
    different location (covered in the Sys Admin Guide) but I think that is more
    if you are running out of disk space for an existing catalog.

    "Mike" wrote in message

    > Hi there. I'm about to implement NBU 6.0 MP3 and was wondering if it's
    > possible
    > to have the catalogs reside on a different drive to the install location?
    > Our server SOE provides a 20GB boot partition. We'll be installing the
    > program
    > to C:\PROGRAM FILES... is it possible to tell NBU to store the db's
    > somewhere
    > else or do i just need to install the program to another drive with the
    > space?
    >
    > cheers
    > mike

+ Reply to Thread