Status 14 - file write failed - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Status 14 - file write failed - Veritas Net Backup ; NBU Server 5.1 MP4 - W2K backup server w/ W2003 client - Getting status 14 errors during large backups (over 200 GB) Critical bpbrm(pid=1904) from client iad-fcluster1: FTL - tar file write error (232) Error bpsched(pid=2820) backup of client iad-fcluster1 ...

  1. Status 14 - file write failed

    NBU Server 5.1 MP4 - W2K backup server w/ W2003 client - Getting status 14
    errors during large backups (over 200 GB)
    Critical bpbrm(pid=1904) from client iad-fcluster1: FTL - tar file write
    error (232) Error bpsched(pid=2820) backup of client iad-fcluster1 exited
    with status 14 (file write failed)

    Not Exchange - straight file backup, but lots of small files. Any insights?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Status 14 - file write failed

    did anyone report anything else about this issue? I am seeing the same problem,
    but mine is on an old NT 4 SP6a server running the NB 4.5 FP9 client against
    an NB 5.1 MP5 master/media server. The client runs 3 streams during its backup,
    but one stream always fails with a status 41 network connection timed out.
    But when I look at the clients BPBKAR log, it shows a status 14 - file write
    failed.

    HELP!

    "mattf" wrote:

    >NBU Server 5.1 MP4 - W2K backup server w/ W2003 client - Getting status

    14
    >errors during large backups (over 200 GB)
    >Critical bpbrm(pid=1904) from client iad-fcluster1: FTL - tar file write
    >error (232) Error bpsched(pid=2820) backup of client iad-fcluster1 exited
    >with status 14 (file write failed)
    >
    >Not Exchange - straight file backup, but lots of small files. Any insights?
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread