SSO limits - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SSO limits - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, Does anyone have experience of largescale SSO environments and any difficulties they have ran into with them ? I am interested to know if you had a large number of media servers sharing a large number of drives if ...

  1. SSO limits

    Hi,

    Does anyone have experience of largescale SSO environments and any difficulties
    they have ran into with them ?

    I am interested to know if you had a large number of media servers sharing
    a large number of drives if there are any issues with SSO and scalability
    etc.

    All info welcome !

  2. Re: SSO limits

    Hi Doc, How large is large?

    "Dr Strangelove" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone have experience of largescale SSO environments and any
    > difficulties
    > they have ran into with them ?
    >
    > I am interested to know if you had a large number of media servers sharing
    > a large number of drives if there are any issues with SSO and scalability
    > etc.
    >
    > All info welcome !

  3. Re: SSO limits

    Apologies for the delay in answer this DR.

    The overall NBU environment, controlled by 1 master server cluster, could
    scale to 100+ T10K drives and 40 plus media servers. However due to the
    configuration of the storage units, the same 20 drives may only be seen by
    8-10 media servers. I cannot imagine this to be a problem, I am just unsure
    how the resource broker will perform if it is handling in excess of 100 drives
    shared between 40 plus media servers.

    "D R" wrote:
    >Hi Doc, How large is large?
    >

    >"Dr Strangelove" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone have experience of largescale SSO environments and any
    >> difficulties
    >> they have ran into with them ?
    >>
    >> I am interested to know if you had a large number of media servers sharing
    >> a large number of drives if there are any issues with SSO and scalability
    >> etc.
    >>
    >> All info welcome !

+ Reply to Thread