Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello Have anybody encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0?...

  1. Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0

    Hello

    Have anybody encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0?

  2. Re: Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0

    The real question is:

    Have anybody NOT encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0 OR on a
    fresh install of 6.0 ?

    I'm new to NB and take the course "Veritas NetBackup 6.0 for Windows,
    Administration". I installed NB 6.0 and have so many problem (I opened 15-18
    case) until I decide to scratch my 6.0 installation and restart with a fresh
    NB 5.1 installation.

    It work well since this change ! So I don't think I will upgrade to NB 6.0
    (or 6.1) in the next year !!!

    Search this news group for "6.0", you will find many peoples NOT really
    happy with 6.0

    It's my opinion !

    Hugo

    "Oyvind Sonderbye" a écrit dans le message de
    news: 44d1cc24@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hello
    >
    > Have anybody encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0?

  3. Re: Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0

    Hello Hugo

    Thanx for your reply. Anybody else have comments on this?
    Because I use 5.1 MP5 for the moment, and wondering about upgrading to 6.0.
    But for the moment and everything works fine in 5.1 and it seems like a lot
    of people have encourted problems when upgrading.
    What have the problems been? Have it been difficult to resolve the problems?

    "Hugo" wrote:
    >The real question is:
    >
    >Have anybody NOT encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0 OR on

    >fresh install of 6.0 ?
    >
    >I'm new to NB and take the course "Veritas NetBackup 6.0 for Windows,
    >Administration". I installed NB 6.0 and have so many problem (I opened 15-18

    >case) until I decide to scratch my 6.0 installation and restart with a fresh

    >NB 5.1 installation.
    >
    >It work well since this change ! So I don't think I will upgrade to NB

    6.0
    >(or 6.1) in the next year !!!
    >
    >Search this news group for "6.0", you will find many peoples NOT really

    >happy with 6.0
    >
    >It's my opinion !
    >
    >Hugo
    >

    >"Oyvind Sonderbye" a écrit dans le message

    de
    >news: 44d1cc24@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Have anybody encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0?

  4. Re: Upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0

    I upgraded from 5.1 MP5 to 6.0 on windows 2003 server without any serious
    issues. Most important thing to do, is to read the upgrade tech document
    and do the population of the EMM-database correctly. After upgrading you
    will have to define a hot catalog backup policy instead of the old offline
    catalog backup. Also check if ther's registered issues with old firmware
    on tapedrive controllers and network interfaces etc.

    "Oyvind" wrote:

    >Hello Hugo
    >
    >Thanx for your reply. Anybody else have comments on this?
    >Because I use 5.1 MP5 for the moment, and wondering about upgrading to 6.0.
    >But for the moment and everything works fine in 5.1 and it seems like a

    lot
    >of people have encourted problems when upgrading.
    >What have the problems been? Have it been difficult to resolve the problems?
    >
    >"Hugo" wrote:
    >>The real question is:
    >>
    >>Have anybody NOT encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0 OR

    on
    >>fresh install of 6.0 ?
    >>
    >>I'm new to NB and take the course "Veritas NetBackup 6.0 for Windows,
    >>Administration". I installed NB 6.0 and have so many problem (I opened

    15-18

    >>case) until I decide to scratch my 6.0 installation and restart with a

    fresh

    >>NB 5.1 installation.
    >>
    >>It work well since this change ! So I don't think I will upgrade to NB

    >6.0
    >>(or 6.1) in the next year !!!
    >>
    >>Search this news group for "6.0", you will find many peoples NOT really

    >>happy with 6.0
    >>
    >>It's my opinion !
    >>
    >>Hugo
    >>

    >>"Oyvind Sonderbye" a écrit dans le message

    >de
    >>news: 44d1cc24@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> Have anybody encourted problems during upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0?

+ Reply to Thread