NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0" - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0" - Veritas Net Backup ; For unknown reasons, about a week ago, on one of my Solaris 8 NetBackup 5.1 MP5 installations ltid started refusing to run on the master server. The volmgr/debug/ltid log looks pretty normal. It logs about 20 lines before the process ...

  1. NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0"

    For unknown reasons, about a week ago, on one of my Solaris 8 NetBackup 5.1
    MP5 installations ltid started refusing to run on the master server. The
    volmgr/debug/ltid log looks pretty normal. It logs about 20 lines before
    the process exists and prints the mysterious message in a shell window, "Error
    0". I upgraded from unpatched to MP5 but that made no difference.

    The last three lines in the ltid log are:

    13:48:37.109 [4140]<2> wait_oprd_ready: received OPRD_READY from oprd
    13:48:37.208 [4140]<2> startOprd: oprd version is 451
    13:48:37.209 [4140]<2> sendTpautoconfCommand: oprd version is 451

    There are no clients, just two Solaris 8 media servers sharing a SCSI-based
    STK L180 library, with seven drives on one server and two drives on the other.

    The library control server is not the master. ltid fails to run on the master.

    Thanks for any suggestions,

    --Bruce

  2. Re: NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0"

    Are you using ACSLS ? Master server do not have any drives available ?

    "Bruce Hamilton" wrote:

    >For unknown reasons, about a week ago, on one of my Solaris 8 NetBackup

    5.1
    >MP5 installations ltid started refusing to run on the master server. The
    >volmgr/debug/ltid log looks pretty normal. It logs about 20 lines before
    >the process exists and prints the mysterious message in a shell window,

    "Error
    >0". I upgraded from unpatched to MP5 but that made no difference.
    >
    >The last three lines in the ltid log are:
    >
    >13:48:37.109 [4140]<2> wait_oprd_ready: received OPRD_READY from oprd
    >13:48:37.208 [4140]<2> startOprd: oprd version is 451
    >13:48:37.209 [4140]<2> sendTpautoconfCommand: oprd version is 451
    >
    >There are no clients, just two Solaris 8 media servers sharing a SCSI-based
    >STK L180 library, with seven drives on one server and two drives on the

    other.

    >The library control server is not the master. ltid fails to run on the master.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestions,
    >
    >--Bruce

  3. Re: NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0"

    No, we are not using ACSLS.

    --Bruce

  4. Re: NBU 5.1 MP5 ltid "Error 0"

    Working with NetBackup support, we determined that certain databases such
    as the globdb were corrupted. We were able to recover by rebuilding them.

    --Bruce

+ Reply to Thread