Hot Catalog running with active Bkups via MP3 ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Hot Catalog running with active Bkups via MP3 ? - Veritas Net Backup ; We are using N.B. 6.x Enterprise w/MP3 in our Windows 2003 Environment. Has anyone experienced any software abend or issue with a HotCatalog running while active DataStream backups: either full or incremental snaphsot bkups? We have had Hot Cat auto-running ...

  1. Hot Catalog running with active Bkups via MP3 ?

    We are using N.B. 6.x Enterprise w/MP3 in our Windows 2003 Environment.
    Has anyone experienced any software abend or issue with a HotCatalog running
    while active DataStream backups: either full or incremental snaphsot bkups?
    We have had Hot Cat auto-running while vault duplication is running. It just
    places duplication in a "neutral" status and picks up steam again as soon
    as Hot Cat completes.
    Any feedback or info is appreciated----Durane & Jim

  2. Re: Hot Catalog running with active Bkups via MP3 ?

    duplication hanging was supposed to be resolved with MP3 but you can run a
    few command to release the resources - call veritas support ask them for
    the command can 't remember on top of me head

    "Durane/Jim" wrote:

    >We are using N.B. 6.x Enterprise w/MP3 in our Windows 2003 Environment.
    >Has anyone experienced any software abend or issue with a HotCatalog running
    >while active DataStream backups: either full or incremental snaphsot bkups?
    >We have had Hot Cat auto-running while vault duplication is running. It

    just
    >places duplication in a "neutral" status and picks up steam again as soon
    >as Hot Cat completes.
    >Any feedback or info is appreciated----Durane & Jim

  3. Re: Hot Catalog running with active Bkups via MP3 ?

    We have had active duplication jobs running when the hot-cat submits.
    Nothing hangs--it just places these jobs in a "neutral" state and they pick
    up steam and progress fine as soon as the hot-cat completes.
    Thank you for your reply posting--Durane

    henri keli " wrote:

    >duplication hanging was supposed to be resolved with MP3 but you can run

    >few command to release the resources - call veritas support ask them for
    >the command can 't remember on top of me head
    >

    >"Durane/Jim" wrote:
    >>
    >>We are using N.B. 6.x Enterprise w/MP3 in our Windows 2003 Environment.
    >>Has anyone experienced any software abend or issue with a HotCatalog running
    >>while active DataStream backups: either full or incremental snaphsot bkups?
    >>We have had Hot Cat auto-running while vault duplication is running. It

    >just
    >>places duplication in a "neutral" status and picks up steam again as soon
    >>as Hot Cat completes.
    >>Any feedback or info is appreciated----Durane & Jim

+ Reply to Thread