Best Linux Non-Veritas Filesystem for Disk Staging - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Best Linux Non-Veritas Filesystem for Disk Staging - Veritas Net Backup ; in article 44c8de63@ROSASTDMZ05., Eric Singer at eric.singer@replacements.com wrote on 7/27/06 8:40 AM: > > We're getting ready to test diskstaging on a Master/Media server that's > running > Redhat ES 4. We do not have a license for vxfs on ...

  1. Re: Best Linux Non-Veritas Filesystem for Disk Staging

    in article 44c8de63@ROSASTDMZ05., Eric Singer at
    eric.singer@replacements.com wrote on 7/27/06 8:40 AM:

    > We're getting ready to test diskstaging on a Master/Media server that's
    > running
    > Redhat ES 4. We do not have a license for vxfs on that server, so what's
    > the recommend filesystem for the best performance for disk staging that either
    > comes with RHEL or a can install on it without having to buy it.
    >
    > Thank You

    I don't think your choice of filesystem is going to matter all that much. It
    might if you were accessing lots of small files, but disk backups are
    comprised of large chunks (2GB each). Journaling is probably the only
    important feature I can think of, so that rules out ext2. Your primary
    concern is hardwware read/write speed.

  2. Best Linux Non-Veritas Filesystem for Disk Staging

    We're getting ready to test diskstaging on a Master/Media server that's running
    Redhat ES 4. We do not have a license for vxfs on that server, so what's
    the recommend filesystem for the best performance for disk staging that either
    comes with RHEL or a can install on it without having to buy it.

    Thank You

+ Reply to Thread