** UserBackup = OK, serverbased = Status 41** - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ** UserBackup = OK, serverbased = Status 41** - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi ! Ok, i have a NetbackupServer 5.1 on Sun-Solaris soft- and hardware. And i have a Windows 2003 Server in a domain as client. First case would be the right one) If i try to backup the client from ...

  1. ** UserBackup = OK, serverbased = Status 41**

    Hi !

    Ok, i have a NetbackupServer 5.1 on Sun-Solaris soft- and hardware.
    And i have a Windows 2003 Server in a domain as client.

    First case would be the right one)
    If i try to backup the client from the server i get Staus code 41.
    The file list is configured on the client.

    second case:
    If i try to backup some files as user-backup from client to server, the backup
    is successfull.

    third case:
    If i try to backup the client from the server an the file list is configured
    on the server the backup is successfull.

    It seems the client canīt send the file-list to the server, so the server
    set a network connection timed out (41).

    Pinging an telnet from client to server is possible. Network connection is
    OK.

    What can i do ?

    Best regards
    Holger

  2. Re: ** UserBackup = OK, serverbased = Status 41**

    "Holger" wrote:

    >Hi !
    >
    >Ok, i have a NetbackupServer 5.1 on Sun-Solaris soft- and hardware.
    >And i have a Windows 2003 Server in a domain as client.
    >
    >First case would be the right one)
    >If i try to backup the client from the server i get Staus code 41.
    >The file list is configured on the client.
    >
    >second case:
    >If i try to backup some files as user-backup from client to server, the

    backup
    >is successfull.
    >
    >third case:
    >If i try to backup the client from the server an the file list is configured
    >on the server the backup is successfull.
    >
    >It seems the client canīt send the file-list to the server, so the server
    >set a network connection timed out (41).
    >
    >Pinging an telnet from client to server is possible. Network connection

    is
    >OK.
    >
    >What can i do ?
    >
    >Best regards
    >Holger

    Holger,

    I'm confused: in your first scenario, how can the file list be on the
    client? I thought the file list had to be on the server. You can put an
    exclude list on the client but I didn't know that the file list could also
    be on the client.

    Also, the file list should be independent of the network connection, which
    is what status "41" is complaining about. I would take a look at the other
    logs to see if they corroborate the "41".

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread