Changing a Mastera Server Name - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Changing a Mastera Server Name - Veritas Net Backup ; For Basically cosmetic reasons, I wanted to rename our Netbackup Master server. That turned out to be a bad idea so far as I couldn't even bring up a console after doing that. Is there a procedure for doing this? ...

  1. Changing a Mastera Server Name

    For Basically cosmetic reasons, I wanted to rename our Netbackup Master
    server. That turned out to be a bad idea so far as I couldn't even bring up
    a console after doing that.

    Is there a procedure for doing this? I did the standard "Googleing" and
    checked with Veritas, err escuse me, Symantec's support and nothing jumped
    out to assist.

    Has anyone done this?

    Thank you for your time and assistance.

  2. Re: Changing a Mastera Server Name

    Don,
    I'm looking for a similiar solution....I have a 2nd netbackup master server
    sitting in a city 100 miles away as a disaster recovery site. If the primary
    netbackup fails, and the backup master server needs to become the primary,
    how does changing the name effect netbackup? Did you find a procedure?

    "Don" wrote:
    >For Basically cosmetic reasons, I wanted to rename our Netbackup Master

    >server. That turned out to be a bad idea so far as I couldn't even bring

    up
    >a console after doing that.
    >
    >Is there a procedure for doing this? I did the standard "Googleing" and

    >checked with Veritas, err escuse me, Symantec's support and nothing jumped

    >out to assist.
    >
    >Has anyone done this?
    >
    >Thank you for your time and assistance.

+ Reply to Thread