media manager - system error occurred(174) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on media manager - system error occurred(174) - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi guys, I am getting this error quite regularly: 24.07.2006 00:28:36 - Critical bptm(pid=1488) attempted to write 10 gigabytes, 1100873253 bytes, it is not a multiple of 512 24.07.2006 00:33:24 - end writing; write time: 00:59:44 media manager - system ...

  1. media manager - system error occurred(174)

    Hi guys, I am getting this error quite regularly:

    24.07.2006 00:28:36 - Critical bptm(pid=1488) attempted to write 10 gigabytes,
    1100873253 bytes, it is not a multiple of 512
    24.07.2006 00:33:24 - end writing; write time: 00:59:44
    media manager - system error occurred(174)

    When I restart, this process usually works!

    Can sb. shed some light on this, please?

    Thanks,
    CH

  2. Re: media manager - system error occurred(174)

    I am told this is a networking problem. I've had fair success by
    (1)ensuring the client is brought up to the NetBackup server version and
    MP, and (2) network adapter drivers are appropriate and most recent.

    I occasionally still get a status code 174 on very long backups, so take
    this advice with a grain of salt. ;-) Product "help" suggests calling
    support.

    cheers, wayne

    Charles Henry wrote, in part, on 7/24/2006 7:22 AM:
    > Hi guys, I am getting this error quite regularly:
    >
    > 24.07.2006 00:28:36 - Critical bptm(pid=1488) attempted to write 10 gigabytes,
    > 1100873253 bytes, it is not a multiple of 512
    > 24.07.2006 00:33:24 - end writing; write time: 00:59:44
    > media manager - system error occurred(174)

  3. Re: media manager - system error occurred(174)

    How do I bring the clients up to the NBU server version? I am running 6.0MP3
    on the server and 6.0 on the clients. Is there a client upgrade path for
    MP3?
    Thanks,
    Chas

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >I am told this is a networking problem. I've had fair success by
    >(1)ensuring the client is brought up to the NetBackup server version and

    > MP, and (2) network adapter drivers are appropriate and most recent.
    >
    >I occasionally still get a status code 174 on very long backups, so take

    >this advice with a grain of salt. ;-) Product "help" suggests calling

    >support.
    >
    >cheers, wayne
    >
    >Charles Henry wrote, in part, on 7/24/2006 7:22 AM:
    >> Hi guys, I am getting this error quite regularly:
    >>
    >> 24.07.2006 00:28:36 - Critical bptm(pid=1488) attempted to write 10 gigabytes,
    >> 1100873253 bytes, it is not a multiple of 512
    >> 24.07.2006 00:33:24 - end writing; write time: 00:59:44
    >> media manager - system error occurred(174)

  4. Re: media manager - system error occurred(174)

    "Charles Henry" wrote:

    >How do I bring the clients up to the NBU server version? I am running 6.0MP3
    >on the server and 6.0 on the clients. Is there a client upgrade path for
    >MP3?

    support.veritas.com | netbackup products | netbackup enterprise server |
    software updates and downloads | type=patch version=6.0 MP3 platform=whatever,
    obtain the *CLT* patch. Or push it out from the master.

  5. Re: media manager - system error occurred(174)

    Thanks Richard, however I can not find the *CLT* patch for NBU6.0MP3 for clients.
    In general, all I ever seem to get is the readme file ABOUT a patch, but
    not the actual download file. It seems to be hiding somewhere.
    The other problem is of course that I have to find a window to shut down
    the sap database to do the install.
    Thanks,
    Chas

    "richard" wrote:

    >"Charles Henry" wrote:
    >>
    >>How do I bring the clients up to the NBU server version? I am running 6.0MP3
    >>on the server and 6.0 on the clients. Is there a client upgrade path for
    >>MP3?

    >support.veritas.com | netbackup products | netbackup enterprise server |
    >software updates and downloads | type=patch version=6.0 MP3 platform=whatever,
    >obtain the *CLT* patch. Or push it out from the master.

  6. Re: media manager - system error occurred(174)

    "Charles Henry" wrote:

    >Thanks Richard, however I can not find the *CLT* patch for NBU6.0MP3 for

    clients.
    >In general, all I ever seem to get is the readme file ABOUT a patch, but
    >not the actual download file. It seems to be hiding somewhere.
    >The other problem is of course that I have to find a window to shut down
    >the sap database to do the install.
    >Thanks,
    >Chas
    >
    >"richard" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Charles Henry" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>How do I bring the clients up to the NBU server version? I am running

    6.0MP3
    >>>on the server and 6.0 on the clients. Is there a client upgrade path for
    >>>MP3?

    >>support.veritas.com | netbackup products | netbackup enterprise server

    >>software updates and downloads | type=patch version=6.0 MP3 platform=whatever,
    >>obtain the *CLT* patch. Or push it out from the master.

    Chas - I have no idea why you're not seeing it. Following the path in the
    paragraph above, with platform=solaris (I don't remember what platform you
    were looking for, but the CLT patch includes all Unix clients), the 7th one
    I see is NB_CLT_60_3_M_284127.TAR. Clicking that link tales me to the documentation
    and download page for the patch. Clicking the Download Now link downloads
    the patch. Please don't tell me you didn't scroll down to find it. :-)

    Patches are also available by ftp; I just find it easier to use the Web page
    to scan the descriptions to make sure I'm not forgetting something... the
    *JAV* or *SAP* or whatnot.

+ Reply to Thread