Error code 23 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error code 23 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I am implementing netbackup enterprise server 6.0 mp3 on my network. When I'm backing up servers on the local network the backup is successful, how ever when I'm trying to backup servers on DMZ (different sub net which divided ...

  1. Error code 23

    Hi

    I am implementing netbackup enterprise server 6.0 mp3 on my network.
    When I'm backing up servers on the local network the backup is successful,
    how ever when I'm trying to backup servers on DMZ (different sub net which
    divided with firewall) I'm getting error code 23.
    I all ready open all the ports between the backup server to the client and
    the other way around.

    What can be the problem?

  2. Re: Error code 23

    Gilad presented the following explanation :
    > Hi
    >
    > I am implementing netbackup enterprise server 6.0 mp3 on my network.
    > When I'm backing up servers on the local network the backup is successful,
    > how ever when I'm trying to backup servers on DMZ (different sub net which
    > divided with firewall) I'm getting error code 23.
    > I all ready open all the ports between the backup server to the client and
    > the other way around.
    >
    > What can be the problem?

    Hello,

    When I get that error I try ping both ways. If that is successfull I
    try to telnet to port 13782 (bpcd uses this port) both ways. Often
    times it will give me a clue as to what is going on. It sound like your
    issue may be with the hardware that is between the servers.

    Good Luck

    Kevin M :')

+ Reply to Thread