Media Injection Restore Location ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media Injection Restore Location ? - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a Master Server 01 (W2K SP4) and two media servers 02 & 03 (W2K3) based at site W with one silo connected via ACS I have two media servers 05 & 06 (W2K SP4) based at site A ...

  1. Media Injection Restore Location ?

    I have a Master Server 01 (W2K SP4) and two media servers 02 & 03 (W2K3) based
    at site W with one silo connected via ACS
    I have two media servers 05 & 06 (W2K SP4) based at site A with one silo
    connected via TLD

    Media required for a data restore has previously been located off-site from
    site A

    Q. Where does the media need to be injected in order for a restore to complete,
    the silo at site A or W ?

  2. Re: Media Injection Restore Location ?

    "Peter" wrote:

    >I have a Master Server 01 (W2K SP4) and two media servers 02 & 03 (W2K3)

    based
    >at site W with one silo connected via ACS
    >I have two media servers 05 & 06 (W2K SP4) based at site A with one silo
    >connected via TLD
    >
    >Media required for a data restore has previously been located off-site from
    >site A
    >
    >Q. Where does the media need to be injected in order for a restore to complete,
    >the silo at site A or W ?

    By default, wherever it can be read by the media server which wrote it.
    You can override this; see "Methods for Performing Server Independent Restores"
    in volume 1 of your NetBackup System Administrator's Guide.

  3. Re: Media Injection Restore Location ?

    "Peter" wrote:

    >I have a Master Server 01 (W2K SP4) and two media servers 02 & 03 (W2K3)

    based
    >at site W with one silo connected via ACS
    >I have two media servers 05 & 06 (W2K SP4) based at site A with one silo
    >connected via TLD
    >
    >Media required for a data restore has previously been located off-site from
    >site A
    >
    >Q. Where does the media need to be injected in order for a restore to complete,
    >the silo at site A or W ?

    If the setup is for all media servers to see all silos, then it shouldn't
    matter - this is how my environment is set up. But if you [or your predecessor]
    set it up so that only specific media servers can see specific silos, then
    you might be constrained.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread