Encryption/Compression - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Encryption/Compression - Veritas Net Backup ; I learned out the hard way this week, that when encryption is enabled, the hardware compression does not work. Does anyone know if enabling the Netbackup software compression and encryption will compress before encryption, or encypt before compression? Thanks....

  1. Encryption/Compression

    I learned out the hard way this week, that when encryption is enabled, the
    hardware compression does not work.

    Does anyone know if enabling the Netbackup software compression and encryption
    will compress before encryption, or encypt before compression?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Encryption/Compression

    "ChrisB" wrote:

    >I learned out the hard way this week, that when encryption is enabled, the
    >hardware compression does not work.
    >
    >Does anyone know if enabling the Netbackup software compression and encryption
    >will compress before encryption, or encypt before compression?

    Compress on the client, encrypt on the client, send to the media server...
    it is all in the System Administrator's Guide.

+ Reply to Thread