New backup server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on New backup server - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, Our current backup windows server (A) is running version 5 and it is going to fail soon. I want to set up a second windows server(B) running version 6 and migrate the catalog over. Will this work? Do I ...

  1. New backup server

    Hello,

    Our current backup windows server (A) is running version 5 and it is going
    to fail soon. I want to set up a second windows server(B) running version
    6 and migrate the catalog over. Will this work? Do I need to upgrade my
    current version to 6 then migrate? If you can point me to some documentation
    on the migration steps on this site. Thanks in advanced.

    Cheers.
    Rakesh

  2. Re: New backup server

    "elance" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Our current backup windows server (A) is running version 5 and it is going
    >to fail soon. I want to set up a second windows server(B) running version
    >6 and migrate the catalog over. Will this work? Do I need to upgrade my
    >current version to 6 then migrate? If you can point me to some documentation
    >on the migration steps on this site. Thanks in advanced.

    Catalogs from one release are not supported in another release. Upgrade
    A to 6, then switch to B on 6, or load B with 5.1, switch, then upgrade B
    to 6.

    You'll want to RTFM: Veritas NetBackup 6.0 Installation Guide

+ Reply to Thread