Backup is failing with error 41 while taking large file system. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backup is failing with error 41 while taking large file system. - Veritas Net Backup ; Have you tried all the things in the troubleshooting guide with this, like changing timeouts etc? "Aditya Maharana" wrote in message news:44b60fc1@ROSASTDMZ05.... > > I am facing problem while taking a drive backup and the drive size is > 500GB. ...

  1. Re: Backup is failing with error 41 while taking large file system.

    > I am facing problem while taking a drive backup and the drive size is
    > 500GB.
    > Inside a home folder is there and is using users home directory. I wants
    > to take a successfull backup but is failing. Also I configured with
    > multistreaming
    > and set individual directory backup too.
    >
    > Please need a proper solution ASAP.
    >
    > Thanks

  2. Backup is failing with error 41 while taking large file system.

    I am facing problem while taking a drive backup and the drive size is 500GB.
    Inside a home folder is there and is using users home directory. I wants
    to take a successfull backup but is failing. Also I configured with multistreaming
    and set individual directory backup too.

    Please need a proper solution ASAP.

    Thanks

  3. Re: Backup is failing with error 41 while taking large file system.

    Souljacker explained on 7/13/2006 :
    > Have you tried all the things in the troubleshooting guide with this, like
    > changing timeouts etc?
    >

    > "Aditya Maharana" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am facing problem while taking a drive backup and the drive size is
    >> 500GB.
    >> Inside a home folder is there and is using users home directory. I wants
    >> to take a successfull backup but is failing. Also I configured with
    >> multistreaming
    >> and set individual directory backup too.
    >>
    >> Please need a proper solution ASAP.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Hello,
    The most common reasons for 41 errors in my esperiacne have been the
    NIC and/or switch not being set to full duplex. NetBackup has problems
    with database files. I have had similar issues when backing up database
    servers. I excluded these files and the problem was resolved. We also
    have a very large server and had the same problem. I increased the
    client read time out from 3 minutes to 30 minutes (you may not need
    this large but I was sick of the problem and didn't want to take any
    chances)and this fixed that problem.

    Hopefully this will help you out..

    Kevin M

+ Reply to Thread