Media Server hardware Replacement - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media Server hardware Replacement - Veritas Net Backup ; I am looking for any Veritas documentation which decribes the best practice when replacing an exiting production/live media server. The existing media server is running on older hardware and is to be replaced. There are no problems at present - ...

  1. Media Server hardware Replacement

    I am looking for any Veritas documentation which decribes the best practice
    when replacing an exiting production/live media server. The existing media
    server is running on older hardware and is to be replaced. There are no problems
    at present -
    Netbackup 5.1MP5 existing Win2000 SP4, new Win2003RC2.

  2. Re: Media Server hardware Replacement

    This article explains how to decomission the old media server if thats any
    help:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/266720

    "Peter Bevington" wrote in message

    > I am looking for any Veritas documentation which decribes the best
    > practice
    > when replacing an exiting production/live media server. The existing media
    > server is running on older hardware and is to be replaced. There are no
    > problems
    > at present -
    > Netbackup 5.1MP5 existing Win2000 SP4, new Win2003RC2.

+ Reply to Thread