Temporary Staging area not available - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Temporary Staging area not available - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm adding a new storage unit disk but the option to make it a temporary staging unit is not even displayed. Am I missing something? We are using Netbackup 6MP3 on Linux. Thanks, Daniel...

  1. Temporary Staging area not available

    I'm adding a new storage unit disk but the option to make it a temporary staging
    unit is not even displayed. Am I missing something? We are using Netbackup
    6MP3 on Linux.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

  2. Re: Temporary Staging area not available

    Should just be a case of creating a Basic Disk type storage unit. You will
    then get a tick box at the bottom which will allow you to set the disk as a
    temporary staging area. I am not aware of anything that should stop you
    from selecting this, the license to do it is included with the base
    NetBackup license. I could of course be wrong

    "Daniel Person" wrote in message

    > I'm adding a new storage unit disk but the option to make it a temporary
    > staging
    > unit is not even displayed. Am I missing something? We are using
    > Netbackup
    > 6MP3 on Linux.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Daniel

  3. Re: Temporary Staging area not available

    That's what I thought however that tick box is not there. Not greyed out
    it's plum not there. Thanks for the help. I'll open a formal ticket and
    find out what I'm doing wrong.

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >Should just be a case of creating a Basic Disk type storage unit. You will

    >then get a tick box at the bottom which will allow you to set the disk as

    >temporary staging area. I am not aware of anything that should stop you

    >from selecting this, the license to do it is included with the base
    >NetBackup license. I could of course be wrong
    >
    >"Daniel Person" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'm adding a new storage unit disk but the option to make it a temporary

    >> staging
    >> unit is not even displayed. Am I missing something? We are using
    >> Netbackup
    >> 6MP3 on Linux.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Daniel