Migrate from BackupExec 10 to Netbackup 6 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Migrate from BackupExec 10 to Netbackup 6 - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there a migration path from Backup Exec to NetBackup? It would be nice if I could keep all my current schedules and remote server definations with out having to rekey them all. Greg...

  1. Migrate from BackupExec 10 to Netbackup 6

    Is there a migration path from Backup Exec to NetBackup? It would be nice
    if I could keep all my current schedules and remote server definations with
    out having to rekey them all.

    Greg

  2. Re: Migrate from BackupExec 10 to Netbackup 6

    You can import tapes written by BUE (with some limitations detailed in the
    v6 sys admin guide) into NetBackup 6 and it will read them, put them in the
    catalog and you will be able to restore data from the tapes using NetBackup
    6.

    The command line reference guide refers to a beconv command which converts
    the media catalog from one to other. I have to admit I have no experience
    of using this command.

    Hope this helps

    "Greg" wrote in message

    > Is there a migration path from Backup Exec to NetBackup? It would be nice
    > if I could keep all my current schedules and remote server definations
    > with
    > out having to rekey them all.
    >
    > Greg

+ Reply to Thread