Configuring SNMP with NOM - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Configuring SNMP with NOM - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, Does anyone knows how to configure the NOM's SNMP agent? with the IHM it's only possible to change the destination IP and the destination port. The problem is that the generated traps are not compliant with the delivered ...

  1. Configuring SNMP with NOM

    Hi all,

    Does anyone knows how to configure the NOM's SNMP agent?
    with the IHM it's only possible to change the destination IP and the destination
    port.

    The problem is that the generated traps are not compliant with the delivered
    MIBs...

    I think it's possible to configure the agent (trap community, snmp format,
    etc) but I don't know how and the documentation doesn't talk about that at
    all...

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks!
    Arsene

  2. Re: Configuring SNMP with NOM

    As far as I can tell from the NOM interface you can only configure the host
    name as a recipient for the trap, I can't see anywhere to set the SNMP
    format etc as you mention here. I'll play around and see if I can turn
    anything up.

    I also haven't been able to find any MIB's for NOM (I'm running on Windows
    btw). Do you know where I can get them from?

    "Arsene" wrote in message news:44abdbe7@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone knows how to configure the NOM's SNMP agent?
    > with the IHM it's only possible to change the destination IP and the
    > destination
    > port.
    >
    > The problem is that the generated traps are not compliant with the
    > delivered
    > MIBs...
    >
    > I think it's possible to configure the agent (trap community, snmp format,
    > etc) but I don't know how and the documentation doesn't talk about that at
    > all...
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Arsene

  3. Re: Configuring SNMP with NOM

    I've found more information on SNMP in NOM:

    -NOM uses SNMPv2c and you cannot change this
    -NOM uses a community name of "NOM". Currently you can't change this but
    this may change in the future
    -NOM community is a public community

    Hope this helps

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote in message news:44ad440d@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > As far as I can tell from the NOM interface you can only configure the
    > host name as a recipient for the trap, I can't see anywhere to set the
    > SNMP format etc as you mention here. I'll play around and see if I can
    > turn anything up.
    >
    > I also haven't been able to find any MIB's for NOM (I'm running on Windows
    > btw). Do you know where I can get them from?
    >
    > "Arsene" wrote in message news:44abdbe7@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone knows how to configure the NOM's SNMP agent?
    >> with the IHM it's only possible to change the destination IP and the
    >> destination
    >> port.
    >>
    >> The problem is that the generated traps are not compliant with the
    >> delivered
    >> MIBs...
    >>
    >> I think it's possible to configure the agent (trap community, snmp
    >> format,
    >> etc) but I don't know how and the documentation doesn't talk about that
    >> at
    >> all...
    >>
    >> Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Arsene

  4. Re: Configuring SNMP with NOM

    Hi and thanks for your answer!

    I'm running on Solaris 9, the MIBS (SMI V2) and the 'config file' are delivered
    in the package (files : VERITAS-REG.mib, VERITAS-TC.mib, VRTS-cc.mib, cc_trapd.conf)

    But the OIDs générated by NOM are not coherent withe the MIB!

    the expected OID is :
    .1.3.6.1.4.1.1302.3.12.10.2.4
    the trap OID is :
    .1.3.6.1.4.1.1302.3.12.10.2.0.4.0.0

    If you could have some more information it will be very helpful, as our system
    will be in production soon!

    Actually what I did is to change the MIB in order to have something coherent
    (it works but it's not a 'clean' solution...)

    Thanks a lot!
    Arsène.

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >I've found more information on SNMP in NOM:
    >
    >-NOM uses SNMPv2c and you cannot change this
    >-NOM uses a community name of "NOM". Currently you can't change this but

    >this may change in the future
    >-NOM community is a public community
    >

    >Hope this helps
    >

    >"Souljacker" <.@.> wrote in message news:44ad440d@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> As far as I can tell from the NOM interface you can only configure the

    >> host name as a recipient for the trap, I can't see anywhere to set the

    >> SNMP format etc as you mention here. I'll play around and see if I can

    >> turn anything up.
    >>
    >> I also haven't been able to find any MIB's for NOM (I'm running on Windows

    >> btw). Do you know where I can get them from?
    >>
    >> "Arsene" wrote in message news:44abdbe7@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone knows how to configure the NOM's SNMP agent?
    >>> with the IHM it's only possible to change the destination IP and the

    >>> destination
    >>> port.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that the generated traps are not compliant with the
    >>> delivered
    >>> MIBs...
    >>>
    >>> I think it's possible to configure the agent (trap community, snmp
    >>> format,
    >>> etc) but I don't know how and the documentation doesn't talk about that

    >>> at
    >>> all...
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!