Importing policies into netbackup 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Importing policies into netbackup 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup ; I am in the process of migrating from Netbackup 4.5 to 5.1. We are not planning to import the catalog at this time however we do need to import some of the existing policies. I can get into the Netbackup ...

  1. Importing policies into netbackup 5.1

    I am in the process of migrating from Netbackup 4.5 to 5.1. We are not planning
    to import the catalog at this time however we do need to import some of the
    existing policies.

    I can get into the Netbackup 4.5 and export the policies to a text file but
    I can not find any information on importing them into version 5.1.

    We have ~100 policies in Netbackup 4.5 and only need to copy about 30 over.
    I would like to avoid manually entering them if I can.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Importing policies into netbackup 5.1

    One suggestion might be (I'm sure this would be unsupported, use at your own
    risk and make sure you take a catalog backup!!) to copy the files from one
    catalog to the other.

    /netbackup/db/class hold your policies in a directory per
    policy. You could just copy these directories over to the new server and
    see if that works. It would definitely work with the same version of NBU,
    but I have never tried it between versions.

    Might be worth trying, but make sure you backup both catalogs first.

    "Chuck" wrote in message news:44a983e4@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I am in the process of migrating from Netbackup 4.5 to 5.1. We are not
    > planning
    > to import the catalog at this time however we do need to import some of
    > the
    > existing policies.
    >
    > I can get into the Netbackup 4.5 and export the policies to a text file
    > but
    > I can not find any information on importing them into version 5.1.
    >
    > We have ~100 policies in Netbackup 4.5 and only need to copy about 30
    > over.
    > I would like to avoid manually entering them if I can.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: Importing policies into netbackup 5.1

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >One suggestion might be (I'm sure this would be unsupported, use at your

    own
    >risk and make sure you take a catalog backup!!) to copy the files from one

    >catalog to the other.
    >
    >/netbackup/db/class hold your policies in a directory per

    >policy. You could just copy these directories over to the new server and

    >see if that works. It would definitely work with the same version of NBU,

    >but I have never tried it between versions.
    >
    >Might be worth trying, but make sure you backup both catalogs first.
    >

    >"Chuck" wrote in message news:44a983e4@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> I am in the process of migrating from Netbackup 4.5 to 5.1. We are not

    >> planning
    >> to import the catalog at this time however we do need to import some of

    >> the
    >> existing policies.
    >>
    >> I can get into the Netbackup 4.5 and export the policies to a text file

    >> but
    >> I can not find any information on importing them into version 5.1.
    >>
    >> We have ~100 policies in Netbackup 4.5 and only need to copy about 30

    >> over.
    >> I would like to avoid manually entering them if I can.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    Get your class folder

    \NetBackup\db\class

+ Reply to Thread