SMS-Target - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SMS-Target - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello all I have a lot of OES servers with NSS Volumes to back up. Concerning Veritas it's the best way to backup them over an existin NetWare Server. So I have installed the NetBackup Client for NetWare and now ...

  1. SMS-Target

    Hello all

    I have a lot of OES servers with NSS Volumes to back up. Concerning Veritas
    it's the best way to backup them over an existin NetWare Server. So I have
    installed the NetBackup Client for NetWare and now I try to configure the
    needed targets.

    SMS is configured on all OES server as well as on different NetWare servers.
    When I now search for targets on the LAN I just find 4 targets. But there
    should be more then 4 targets. For exampel I have 8 NetWare servers, all
    configured the same way, but it only finds the half of them.

    Does anybody have an idea why?

  2. Re: SMS-Target

    Make sure SLP is configured on your OES servers (/etc/slp.conf) and interacts
    with your Netware SLPDA servers. SLP should also be configured on all of
    your Netware servers as well.

    "Silvan Grüter" sgr(at)sekisuialveo.com wrote:

    >Hello all
    >
    >I have a lot of OES servers with NSS Volumes to back up. Concerning Veritas
    >it's the best way to backup them over an existin NetWare Server. So I have
    >installed the NetBackup Client for NetWare and now I try to configure the
    >needed targets.
    >
    >SMS is configured on all OES server as well as on different NetWare servers.
    >When I now search for targets on the LAN I just find 4 targets. But there
    >should be more then 4 targets. For exampel I have 8 NetWare servers, all
    >configured the same way, but it only finds the half of them.
    >
    >Does anybody have an idea why?

+ Reply to Thread