Can I still import images without all tapes been imported? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can I still import images without all tapes been imported? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I am trying to do a restore from Jan 2005. There are 3 tapes out of 21 tapes that was not able to be imported. I got media read error. When I try to do the import image (Phase ...

  1. Can I still import images without all tapes been imported?

    Hi,

    I am trying to do a restore from Jan 2005. There are 3 tapes out of 21 tapes
    that was not able to be imported. I got media read error. When I try to do
    the import image (Phase 2), I can't see the tapes I have imported. For my
    other restores, I was able to import all the tapes, then import the image
    successfully.
    Does NetBackup have to import all tapes before I can import the image?

    Thanks
    Yung

  2. Re: Can I still import images without all tapes been imported?

    If there are fragments of the backups you want to import on those tapes,
    they need to be Phase 1 imported before you can do a Phase 2 import.
    Doesn't really help you much really in this case.

    Cheers
    SJ

    "Yung" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to do a restore from Jan 2005. There are 3 tapes out of 21
    > tapes
    > that was not able to be imported. I got media read error. When I try to do
    > the import image (Phase 2), I can't see the tapes I have imported. For my
    > other restores, I was able to import all the tapes, then import the image
    > successfully.
    > Does NetBackup have to import all tapes before I can import the image?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Yung

+ Reply to Thread