Veritas Netbackup 6.0 Test Master Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Veritas Netbackup 6.0 Test Master Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anyone know how to setup a test server for upgrading from Netbackup 5.1M4 to Netbackup 6.0? We would like to test it prior to upgrading Live....

  1. Veritas Netbackup 6.0 Test Master Server

    Does anyone know how to setup a test server for upgrading from Netbackup 5.1M4
    to Netbackup 6.0? We would like to test it prior to upgrading Live.

  2. Re: Veritas Netbackup 6.0 Test Master Server

    You could build a master server on a seperate test network, give it the same
    name as your live master and recover your live catalog to the test server.
    Since the names match the catalog entries should be fine. You could do the
    recovery from tape if you have the hardware available, or copy/backup the
    catalog to disk and get that over to your test rig.

    Does that help at all?

    "Doug Bailey" wrote in message

    > Does anyone know how to setup a test server for upgrading from Netbackup
    > 5.1M4
    > to Netbackup 6.0? We would like to test it prior to upgrading Live.

  3. Re: Veritas Netbackup 6.0 Test Master Server

    Doug,

    If your 5.1MP4 environment is running, I would strongly encourage you to
    stay with 5.1 for a while longer. 6.0 has a number of problems that are
    actively being worked within engineering.

    --Larry

    "Doug Bailey" wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to setup a test server for upgrading from Netbackup

    5.1M4
    >to Netbackup 6.0? We would like to test it prior to upgrading Live.

+ Reply to Thread