NB 6.0 MP3 download - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB 6.0 MP3 download - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi It seems that NB 6.0 MP2 has too many problem.where we can download MP3 for 6.0....

  1. NB 6.0 MP3 download

    Hi It seems that NB 6.0 MP2 has too many problem.where we can download MP3
    for 6.0.

  2. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    When I spoke with Veritas last Thursday they said MP3 would not be available
    for download until July.

    "Anand" wrote:

    >Hi It seems that NB 6.0 MP2 has too many problem.where we can download MP3
    >for 6.0.

  3. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.

    This is the link for the Windows version, for example:

    "Moe" wrote in message news:44a14619@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > When I spoke with Veritas last Thursday they said MP3 would not be
    > available
    > for download until July.
    >
    > "Anand" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi It seems that NB 6.0 MP2 has too many problem.where we can download MP3
    >>for 6.0.

  4. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    Has anyone had any experience of MP3? We too have had problems with NB6,
    and MP2...guessing there's nothing to lose with MP3....? Any results yet?
    Anyone brave enough to have used it in anger on their production servers?

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.
    >
    >This is the link for the Windows version, for example:
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284117.htm
    >
    >"Moe" wrote in message news:44a14619@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> When I spoke with Veritas last Thursday they said MP3 would not be
    >> available
    >> for download until July.
    >>
    >> "Anand" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi It seems that NB 6.0 MP2 has too many problem.where we can download

    MP3
    >>>for 6.0.

  5. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    Hi All,

    Downloaded and installed MP3 for 6.0. It is a small branch site but it
    is production, 1 master with 6 Clients (5 PC's and 1 NetApp NAS Filer
    using NDMP).

    Jury out on Checkpointed Backups failing to run with no error (See
    thread 6.0 MP2 = NOTHING BUT TROUBLE).

    I like that I get a file list with each job status email - why it took 3
    MP's to fix since it has been broken since 6.0 was released is another
    question!!

    Got a problem with the nbsl.exe (NetBackup Service Layer Daemon) ATM
    though. Have to see what Symantec/Veritas say about that one.

    Other than that, it's too early to call, see how this week-end goes with
    all the Full schedules.

    fidds wrote:
    > Has anyone had any experience of MP3? We too have had problems with NB6,
    > and MP2...guessing there's nothing to lose with MP3....? Any results yet?
    > Anyone brave enough to have used it in anger on their production servers?
    >

    > "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >> MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.
    >>
    >> This is the link for the Windows version, for example:
    >>
    >> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284117.htm
    >>
    >> "Moe" wrote in message news:44a14619@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>> When I spoke with Veritas last Thursday they said MP3 would not be
    >>> available
    >>> for download until July.

    > MP3

  6. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    Thank you for your response. Anymore info on the nbsl though...? There's
    pressure to install it tonight unless I pull the plug......

    Andrew Ross-Costello wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >Downloaded and installed MP3 for 6.0. It is a small branch site but it
    >is production, 1 master with 6 Clients (5 PC's and 1 NetApp NAS Filer
    >using NDMP).
    >
    >Jury out on Checkpointed Backups failing to run with no error (See
    >thread 6.0 MP2 = NOTHING BUT TROUBLE).
    >
    >I like that I get a file list with each job status email - why it took 3

    >MP's to fix since it has been broken since 6.0 was released is another
    >question!!
    >
    >Got a problem with the nbsl.exe (NetBackup Service Layer Daemon) ATM
    >though. Have to see what Symantec/Veritas say about that one.
    >
    >Other than that, it's too early to call, see how this week-end goes with

    >all the Full schedules.
    >

    >fidds wrote:
    >> Has anyone had any experience of MP3? We too have had problems with NB6,
    >> and MP2...guessing there's nothing to lose with MP3....? Any results

    yet?
    >> Anyone brave enough to have used it in anger on their production servers?
    >>

    >> "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >>> MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.
    >>>
    >>> This is the link for the Windows version, for example:
    >>>
    >>> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284117.htm

    >> MP3

  7. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    Installed MP3 yesterday on Win2003 server : we had problem installing the
    patch as it was not able to stop the services. A bpstop did the trick.

    Other than that, it's okay so far.

    "fidds" wrote:

    >Has anyone had any experience of MP3? We too have had problems with NB6,
    >and MP2...guessing there's nothing to lose with MP3....? Any results yet?
    > Anyone brave enough to have used it in anger on their production servers?
    >

    >"Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >>MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.
    >>
    >>This is the link for the Windows version, for example:
    >>
    >>http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284117.htm
    >>
    >>"Moe" wrote in message news:44a14619@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>
    >>> When I spoke with Veritas last Thursday they said MP3 would not be
    >>> available
    >>> for download until July.

    >MP3

  8. Re: NB 6.0 MP3 download

    installed MP3 today. Let's see what kind of problem we are going to face
    It seems there were too many buys in MP2. Scarry bug was not running sceduled
    backups.

    -Anand

    "Claude" wrote:

    >Installed MP3 yesterday on Win2003 server : we had problem installing the
    >patch as it was not able to stop the services. A bpstop did the trick.
    >
    >Other than that, it's okay so far.
    >
    >"fidds" wrote:
    >>
    >>Has anyone had any experience of MP3? We too have had problems with NB6,
    >>and MP2...guessing there's nothing to lose with MP3....? Any results yet?
    >> Anyone brave enough to have used it in anger on their production servers?
    >>

    >>"Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >>>MP3 is downloadable now from the support website.
    >>>
    >>>This is the link for the Windows version, for example:
    >>>
    >>>http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284117.htm

    >>MP3

+ Reply to Thread