firewall shows port - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on firewall shows port - Veritas Net Backup ; hello my network administrator open all trafic between 2 subnet . client & server exist om 2 sepratly subnet. when I install client ,firewall logs shows ports number 1789,445,139 only. I can't use 445, 139 port . the client dose ...

  1. firewall shows port

    hello
    my network administrator open all trafic between 2 subnet . client & server
    exist om 2 sepratly subnet. when I install client ,firewall logs shows ports
    number 1789,445,139 only.
    I can't use 445, 139 port . the client dose not install when I Use IP Address
    for master server and client .
    I must used to of IP address.
    thanks.

  2. Re: firewall shows port

    NBU requires a properly working DNS. Both forward and reverse lookups. I even
    use local hosts file as a sanity check.
    Look at /etc/inetd.conf for tcp port numbers used by NBU. Especially note
    vnetd if you are behind firewalls.

    "n" wrote:

    >hello
    >my network administrator open all trafic between 2 subnet . client & server
    >exist om 2 sepratly subnet. when I install client ,firewall logs shows ports
    >number 1789,445,139 only.
    >I can't use 445, 139 port . the client dose not install when I Use IP Address
    >for master server and client .
    >I must used to of IP address.
    >thanks.

+ Reply to Thread