Net Backup 6.0 wont install on Fedora Core4 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Net Backup 6.0 wont install on Fedora Core4 - Veritas Net Backup ; Jaco Wessels wrote, in part, on 6/8/2006 10:51 AM: > I get this error message(dont know if it is one) > NetBackup server software for the linux platform is not on this cdrom. > this is the right cd for ...

  1. Re: Net Backup 6.0 wont install on Fedora Core4

    Jaco Wessels wrote, in part, on 6/8/2006 10:51 AM:
    > I get this error message(dont know if it is one)
    > NetBackup server software for the linux platform is not on this cdrom.
    > this is the right cd for the OS, im using our backed up software cd the disk
    > might not have been copied properly but i cant tell for sure. any help would
    > be appriciated.

    What makes you think NetBackup server should/will install on Fedora Core?

    cheers, wayne

  2. Net Backup 6.0 wont install on Fedora Core4

    I get this error message(dont know if it is one)
    NetBackup server software for the linux platform is not on this cdrom.
    this is the right cd for the OS, im using our backed up software cd the disk
    might not have been copied properly but i cant tell for sure. any help would
    be appriciated.

  3. Re: Net Backup 6.0 wont install on Fedora Core4

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Jaco Wessels wrote, in part, on 6/8/2006 10:51 AM:
    >> I get this error message(dont know if it is one)
    >> NetBackup server software for the linux platform is not on this cdrom.
    >> this is the right cd for the OS, im using our backed up software cd the

    disk
    >> might not have been copied properly but i cant tell for sure. any help

    would
    >> be appriciated.

    >What makes you think NetBackup server should/will install on Fedora Core?
    >
    >cheers, wayne

    in the compatibility list supplied on this website tells me that it will
    install on kernel version 2.4. i also got this last night:
    NetBackup and Media Manager are normally installed in /usr/openv.
    The existing /usr/openv directory will be used for NetBackup and Media Manager.
    ./NB.inst: line 363: [: /media/cdrecorder/NB_60_Linuxes: binary operator
    expected
    Reading NetBackup files from /media/cdrecorder/NB_60_Linuxes (G_)/linux/anb
    gunzip: ./NB.inst: line 218: /media/cdrecorder/NB_60_Linuxes: No such file
    or directory
    /media/cdrecorder/NB_60_Linuxes.gz: No such file or directory
    /media/cdrecorder/NB_60_Linuxes (G_)/linux/catalog/anb/NB.file_trans failed.
    Aborting
    im going to try get a nother copy of this software but thanks for the help
    let me know if you can tell me anything else.

+ Reply to Thread