Import Media from a tape that was made from a different netbackup server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Import Media from a tape that was made from a different netbackup server - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to do a restore of an image that I made on a Netbackup Enterprise server. I have brought the tape to a different location and am trying to resotre this tape on a netabckup server that it ...

  1. Import Media from a tape that was made from a different netbackup server

    I am trying to do a restore of an image that I made on a Netbackup Enterprise
    server. I have brought the tape to a different location and am trying to
    resotre this tape on a netabckup server that it was not created on.

    I am pretty sure that I have to do a catalog. How do I do this in Netbackup?
    If I go to the catalog option, it only gives me options for images made
    on THIS server.

  2. Re: Import Media from a tape that was made from a different netbackup server

    "johne" wrote:

    >I am trying to do a restore of an image that I made on a Netbackup Enterprise
    >server. I have brought the tape to a different location and am trying to
    >resotre this tape on a netabckup server that it was not created on.
    >
    >I am pretty sure that I have to do a catalog. How do I do this in Netbackup?
    > If I go to the catalog option, it only gives me options for images made
    >on THIS server.

    You're actually in the correct screen. Read the "Importing NetBackup Images"
    section in the NetBackup System Administrator's Guide, Volume I to see how
    to do this. Once you've imported the media, you can restore from it.

+ Reply to Thread