MAC 10.4.6 - "connection requested by invalid server" - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on MAC 10.4.6 - "connection requested by invalid server" - Veritas Net Backup ; i am getting this error when i try to back up this client. I can connect to port 13782 no problem. But when i click on the properties of the client in Netbackup Administrator, i get this error '"connection requested ...

  1. MAC 10.4.6 - "connection requested by invalid server"

    i am getting this error when i try to back up this client. I can connect
    to port 13782 no problem. But when i click on the properties of the client
    in Netbackup Administrator,
    i get this error '"connection requested by invalid server"
    any ideas?

  2. Re: MAC 10.4.6 - "connection requested by invalid server"

    in article 4485c9bb@ROSASTDMZ05., fenster67 at fenster67@yahoo.com wrote on
    6/6/06 11:30 AM:

    > i am getting this error when i try to back up this client. I can connect
    > to port 13782 no problem. But when i click on the properties of the client
    > in Netbackup Administrator,
    > i get this error '"connection requested by invalid server"
    > any ideas?

    Wrong SERVER= in client bp.conf?

  3. Re: MAC 10.4.6 - "connection requested by invalid server"

    "fenster67" wrote:

    >i am getting this error when i try to back up this client. I can connect
    >to port 13782 no problem. But when i click on the properties of the client
    >in Netbackup Administrator,
    >i get this error '"connection requested by invalid server"
    >any ideas?

    Sounds like an authentication problem:

    - can the client resolve the media/master server's IP to a hostname?
    - is the media server is the client's server list?

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread