Schedules Not Starting - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Schedules Not Starting - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I had an incident last night where the schedules were not starting in their window. I could run manual jobs OK and the Oracle RMAN jobs could run when scheduled but nothing else. We got around the problem by ...

  1. Schedules Not Starting

    Hi,

    I had an incident last night where the schedules were not starting in their
    window. I could run manual jobs OK and the Oracle RMAN jobs could run when
    scheduled but nothing else. We got around the problem by restarting the
    deamons. I was wondering if anyone else has had this before and if there
    is another way of getting around it without restarting the deamons.
    -Marc.

  2. Re: Schedules Not Starting

    Sorry, I am running this on a Sun Solaris 9 master running NetBackup 5.1MP4.

  3. Re: Schedules Not Starting

    Please review the following recently published tech note regarding this NB6
    bug/symptom:
    "
    Marc" wrote:

    >Sorry, I am running this on a Sun Solaris 9 master running NetBackup 5.1MP4.

  4. Re: Schedules Not Starting

    You should go to 5.1 MP5. MP4 was flawed.
    I upgraded from 5.1 MP3A and the install was fine.
    MP5 has bugs too, but maybe it will fix some of your problems.

    "Durane" wrote:

    >Please review the following recently published tech note regarding this

    NB6
    >bug/symptom:
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281780.htm
    >"
    >Marc" wrote:
    >>
    >>Sorry, I am running this on a Sun Solaris 9 master running NetBackup 5.1MP4.

+ Reply to Thread