LTO3 tape drive only 20 mb/sec - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on LTO3 tape drive only 20 mb/sec - Veritas Net Backup ; I just replaced an LTO1 tape drive with an LTO3. It is only getting 20 mb/sec both with an NDMP and a non-NDMP tape drive. I've checked all the network settings. Could it have anything to do with the device ...

  1. LTO3 tape drive only 20 mb/sec

    I just replaced an LTO1 tape drive with an LTO3. It is only getting 20 mb/sec
    both with an NDMP and a non-NDMP tape drive. I've checked all the network
    settings. Could it have anything to do with the device driver that was installed?

    Thanks,
    Jerry

  2. Re: LTO3 tape drive only 20 mb/sec

    There are many things that it could be starting with the device driver.
    The tuning guide has all the things you will want to check...

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/281842

    Pete

    Jerry" wrote:
    >I just replaced an LTO1 tape drive with an LTO3. It is only getting 20 mb/sec
    >both with an NDMP and a non-NDMP tape drive. I've checked all the network
    >settings. Could it have anything to do with the device driver that was installed?

+ Reply to Thread