status code 29 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on status code 29 - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm having a problem with my oracle backup, everytime I backup the database of the oracle in onw server, I encounter the status code 29 error. Did somebody exeperience the this error Pls. help!!!! Thanks, Daveanjen...

  1. status code 29

    I'm having a problem with my oracle backup, everytime I backup the database
    of the oracle in onw server, I encounter the status code 29 error.

    Did somebody exeperience the this error Pls. help!!!!

    Thanks,
    Daveanjen

  2. Re: status code 29

    "DaveanJen" wrote:

    >I'm having a problem with my oracle backup, everytime I backup the database
    >of the oracle in onw server, I encounter the status code 29 error.
    >
    >Did somebody exeperience the this error Pls. help!!!!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Daveanjen

    What mechanism are you using to back up the oracle DB? Cold backup? Hot
    backup?

    Is the result the same whether you do cold or hot?

    Have you followed the troubleshooting suggestions associated with status
    29?

    # bperror -S 29 -r
    failed trying to exec a command
    A command could not be executed. This can occur because the permissions of
    the command do not allow it to be executed, or there is lack of system resources
    such as memory and swap space.

    Try the following:

    1. Check the NetBackup All Log Entries report for clues on where and why
    the failure occurred.
    2. Check the permissions on the command to be executed.
    3. For detailed troubleshooting information, create a debug log directory
    for the process that returned this status code, retry the operation, and
    check the resulting debug log.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread