NB 5.1 - Export Configuration of Master Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB 5.1 - Export Configuration of Master Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there a way to export the configuration of all the policy files, and general settings of NB. I need to rebuild the server and put back on NB but would like not to have to setup all the policy ...

  1. NB 5.1 - Export Configuration of Master Server

    Is there a way to export the configuration of all the policy files, and general
    settings of NB. I need to rebuild the server and put back on NB but would
    like not to have to setup all the policy files and clients again.

    Thanks

  2. Re: NB 5.1 - Export Configuration of Master Server

    "Alan Miller" wrote:

    >Is there a way to export the configuration of all the policy files, and

    general
    >settings of NB. I need to rebuild the server and put back on NB but would
    >like not to have to setup all the policy files and clients again.
    >
    >Thanks

    Alan,

    It's all the stuff contained in your catalog backup. ie:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
    /usr/openv/netbackup/db
    /usr/openv/volmgr/database
    /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf
    /usr/openv/var

    Keep in mind that the rebuilt server should have the same name as the original
    master. I keep reading that people run into problems when they attempt to
    change names.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread