Backup of a VMWare session - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backup of a VMWare session - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi guys, I try to backup a vmware session. With the BPstart end BPend script, I want to stop and start my VMware session to do a backup off all the file. In the bpstart_notify.bat I have that line: vmware-cmd ...

  1. Backup of a VMWare session

    Hi guys,

    I try to backup a vmware session. With the BPstart end BPend script, I want
    to stop and start my VMware session to do a backup off all the file.

    In the bpstart_notify.bat I have that line:

    vmware-cmd c:\vm\\XXX\vmware-cmd c:\vm\XXX\XXX.vmx stop trysoft

    I try it in a dos windows it work.

    In the bpend_notify.bat I have add that line:

    vmware-cmd c:\vm\\XXX\vmware-cmd c:\vm\XXX\XXX.vmx start

    I try it in a dos windows it work.

    But when I start my backup policy the batchfile dosen't start

    Is there a way to tell NetBackup to start does script?

    Do you have any ideal?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backup of a VMWare session

    "Hornet919" wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    >I try to backup a vmware session. With the BPstart end BPend script, I want
    >to stop and start my VMware session to do a backup off all the file.
    >
    >In the bpstart_notify.bat I have that line:
    >
    >vmware-cmd c:\vm\\XXX\vmware-cmd c:\vm\XXX\XXX.vmx stop trysoft
    >
    >I try it in a dos windows it work.
    >
    >In the bpend_notify.bat I have add that line:
    >
    >vmware-cmd c:\vm\\XXX\vmware-cmd c:\vm\XXX\XXX.vmx start
    >
    >I try it in a dos windows it work.
    >
    >But when I start my backup policy the batchfile dosen't start
    >
    >Is there a way to tell NetBackup to start does script?
    >
    >Do you have any ideal?
    >
    >Thanks

    What is the command "vmware-cmd"? Try to fully qualify it: when NetBackup
    calls it, the batch file may not be inheriting your full PATH environment;
    thus, when you try to run the command, the OS doesn't know where to get it
    from.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread