Deassignbyid after upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Deassignbyid after upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; Previously you could deassign a volume by id at the command line, but after 6.0 I cannot. I have media that hasn't been used since I deleted some SAN Media Server storage units over 6 months ago. I haven't figured ...

  1. Deassignbyid after upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 6.0

    Previously you could deassign a volume by id at the command line, but after
    6.0 I cannot. I have media that hasn't been used since I deleted some SAN
    Media Server storage units over 6 months ago. I haven't figured out how
    to get these media back into the scratch pool so that they can be reused.
    Any help out there?

  2. Re: Deassignbyid after upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 6.0

    "Sterling Layton" wrote:

    >Previously you could deassign a volume by id at the command line, but after
    >6.0 I cannot. I have media that hasn't been used since I deleted some SAN
    >Media Server storage units over 6 months ago. I haven't figured out how
    >to get these media back into the scratch pool so that they can be reused.
    > Any help out there?

    There are 2 possible things to try. First, try using bpexpdate to try to
    expire all the images associated with the media.

    Since you are on 6.0, and possibly decommissioned media server incorrectly
    in the pre 6.0 days, you might need to see if the media have any kind of
    database conflicts. Do this by running nbemmcmd -listmedia -conflicts and
    see if the media you are interested in are printed out. If so, you may consider
    opening a service call to get the conflicts resolved.

+ Reply to Thread