Exclusions for Linux Clients - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exclusions for Linux Clients - Veritas Net Backup ; Gabriel Magana Jr wrote, in part, on 5/25/2006 6:15 PM: > Is there a way to exclude directories/files from being backed up? I open > the Client Properties under the one of my Policies and I don't see the exclusion ...

  1. Re: Exclusions for Linux Clients

    Gabriel Magana Jr wrote, in part, on 5/25/2006 6:15 PM:
    > Is there a way to exclude directories/files from being backed up? I open
    > the Client Properties under the one of my Policies and I don't see the exclusion
    > list, that I normally see under a Windows Client.

    With non-Windows clients you create a file instead of using a GUI. It's
    all in the fine manual, searching for "exclude".

    cheers, wayne

  2. Exclusions for Linux Clients

    Is there a way to exclude directories/files from being backed up? I open
    the Client Properties under the one of my Policies and I don't see the exclusion
    list, that I normally see under a Windows Client.

  3. Re: Exclusions for Linux Clients

    "Gabriel Magana Jr" wrote:

    >Is there a way to exclude directories/files from being backed up? I open
    >the Client Properties under the one of my Policies and I don't see the exclusion
    >list, that I normally see under a Windows Client.

    Create a file called exclude_list and locate said file in /usr/openv/netbackup
    filesystem
    This file should include files / filesystems you require to exclude.
    Check in the admin guide, for rules.

+ Reply to Thread