Restores - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restores - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone tell me how to do a restore of a backup that is no longer in catalog. I have a resotre to do from April 28, 2006 but the backup & restore window only shows the dates of May ...

  1. Restores

    Can anyone tell me how to do a restore of a backup that is no longer in catalog.
    I have a resotre to do from April 28, 2006 but the backup & restore window
    only shows the dates of May 1 - May 24, 2006. I have done an Initiate Import
    followed by an Import which did work. But the April 28 date still does not
    show. I'm stuck. Can someone help. Thank you.

  2. Re: Restores

    Edward,

    The first thing that comes to mind is that there are no images from 4/28
    on that tape. If you do a "bpimmedia" on that tape, do you see otherwise?
    And what do the logs show for the import process?

    Scott

    "Edward" wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how to do a restore of a backup that is no longer in

    catalog.
    > I have a resotre to do from April 28, 2006 but the backup & restore window
    >only shows the dates of May 1 - May 24, 2006. I have done an Initiate Import
    >followed by an Import which did work. But the April 28 date still does

    not
    >show. I'm stuck. Can someone help. Thank you.

  3. Re: Restores

    "Edward" wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how to do a restore of a backup that is no longer in

    catalog.
    > I have a resotre to do from April 28, 2006 but the backup & restore window
    >only shows the dates of May 1 - May 24, 2006. I have done an Initiate Import
    >followed by an Import which did work. But the April 28 date still does

    not
    >show. I'm stuck. Can someone help. Thank you.

    If the image phase 2 import worked then you should see the backup in BA&R.
    Maybe it didn't work. Try searching for the backup using the report called
    Client Backups for the client machine. If it is listed then it worked.
    If it is listed, then you probably just need to adjust the settings in the
    BA&R window to display that type of backup.

+ Reply to Thread