Exchange backups URGENT pls - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exchange backups URGENT pls - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi experts: I have following build : Two clustered Exchange server -all exchange databases are over SAN and log files A separate backup server Advanced client license Exchange agent license my question: - Wht shall i install on the Exchange ...

  1. Exchange backups URGENT pls

    Hi experts:

    I have following build :

    Two clustered Exchange server
    -all exchange databases are over SAN and log files
    A separate backup server

    Advanced client license
    Exchange agent license

    my question:

    - Wht shall i install on the Exchange server?
    - Wht shall i install on the Netbackup server?
    - Is off-host backup can be a replacement of Full backups?

    thanks

  2. Re: Exchange backups URGENT pls

    Nothing special needs to be installed on the Cient or Master server, only
    the license key needs to be entered on the Master. I do not use off host
    backups so that I do not know.

    Steve

    "Jack" wrote:

    >Hi experts:
    >
    >I have following build :
    >
    >Two clustered Exchange server
    >-all exchange databases are over SAN and log files
    >A separate backup server
    >
    >Advanced client license
    >Exchange agent license
    >
    >my question:
    >
    >- Wht shall i install on the Exchange server?
    >- Wht shall i install on the Netbackup server?
    >- Is off-host backup can be a replacement of Full backups?
    >

    >thanks

  3. Re: Exchange backups URGENT pls

    Off host backup is for offhosting the backup thro' some other machine instead
    of production server .. it has nothing to do with type of backup ( e.g full
    backups)

    yogesh

    "steve" wrote:

    >Nothing special needs to be installed on the Cient or Master server, only
    >the license key needs to be entered on the Master. I do not use off host
    >backups so that I do not know.
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >"Jack" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi experts:
    >>
    >>I have following build :
    >>
    >>Two clustered Exchange server
    >>-all exchange databases are over SAN and log files
    >>A separate backup server
    >>
    >>Advanced client license
    >>Exchange agent license
    >>
    >>my question:
    >>
    >>- Wht shall i install on the Exchange server?
    >>- Wht shall i install on the Netbackup server?
    >>- Is off-host backup can be a replacement of Full backups?
    >>

    >>thanks

+ Reply to Thread