Backup dependencies - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backup dependencies - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, Is there any way to coordinate the beginning of backups for dependent systems. I have an application where the app server and db server need to start their backups at the same time to ensure data consistency. What's the ...

  1. Backup dependencies

    Hello,

    Is there any way to coordinate the beginning of backups for dependent systems.
    I have an application where the app server and db server need to start their
    backups at the same time to ensure data consistency. What's the best way
    to accomplish this?

    Thanks
    Chris

  2. Re: Backup dependencies

    Chris,

    I suppose you could use the bpstart_notify construct and build in a test
    to see if both systems are ready. Are you saying it's not good enough just
    to schedule both jobs to start at the same time and that you need more accuracy
    than that?

    Scott

    "Chris Hendrick" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Is there any way to coordinate the beginning of backups for dependent systems.
    > I have an application where the app server and db server need to start

    their
    >backups at the same time to ensure data consistency. What's the best way
    >to accomplish this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chris

+ Reply to Thread