backup network drives - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on backup network drives - Veritas Net Backup ; product: netbackup version: 4.5 master os: win2k client os: win2k3 client network drives os: win2k advanced server hi: i cant backup network drives if client os is win2k3, i tried to use UNC or map network drives and it doesnt ...

  1. backup network drives

    product: netbackup
    version: 4.5
    master os: win2k
    client os: win2k3
    client network drives os: win2k advanced server

    hi:
    i cant backup network drives if client os is win2k3, i tried to use UNC
    or map network drives and it doesnt work at all. the error message shows
    that " none of the files in the file list exists(71)". and im sure that my
    service account and the permission is configured correct. is there compatibility
    issues w/ 4.5 version or i need to check s/thing more. plz give me some advices,
    thanks a lot.

  2. Re: backup network drives

    Gary,
    It's pretty hard to say exactly what is going on with out reviewing the
    log files. You could try checking "Cross Mount Points" and/or Follow NFS
    to see if those help.

    If it doesn't allow this to work - review the bpbkar log on the client
    side. You'll want to go to \VERITAS\NetBackup\logs and create
    a bpbkar folder.

    Then on the client, bring up the backup archive and restore gui. In the
    gui open the client properties and increase the debug to 5 and diag to 2
    in the troubleshooting tab.
    You can also create an empty file in the \VERITAS\NetBackup
    named bpbkar_path_tr that will enable some additional logging to bpbkar.

    Then review the log files. Make sure that the mount point/path that you
    are using is the same one the bpbkar is reporting seeing.

    Good luck.

    Deb

    "garyc" wrote:

    >product: netbackup
    >version: 4.5
    >master os: win2k
    >client os: win2k3
    >client network drives os: win2k advanced server
    >
    >hi:
    > i cant backup network drives if client os is win2k3, i tried to use UNC
    >or map network drives and it doesnt work at all. the error message shows
    >that " none of the files in the file list exists(71)". and im sure that

    my
    >service account and the permission is configured correct. is there compatibility
    >issues w/ 4.5 version or i need to check s/thing more. plz give me some

    advices,
    >thanks a lot.

  3. Re: backup network drives

    Gary,

    I assume you checked the box "Backup network drives" in the policy.

    Have you tried enabling logging on the client?

    What does bpbrm on the media server show? Does it show the path that you
    assume?

    I've never done network drives before. Is the account under which you're
    running the backup set up to mount the drives in question automatically at
    login? And even if so, is a backup session considered a "login"? In other
    words, how do you know that the network drive is available when the backup
    session begins?

    Scott

    "garyc" wrote:

    >product: netbackup
    >version: 4.5
    >master os: win2k
    >client os: win2k3
    >client network drives os: win2k advanced server
    >
    >hi:
    > i cant backup network drives if client os is win2k3, i tried to use UNC
    >or map network drives and it doesnt work at all. the error message shows
    >that " none of the files in the file list exists(71)". and im sure that

    my
    >service account and the permission is configured correct. is there compatibility
    >issues w/ 4.5 version or i need to check s/thing more. plz give me some

    advices,
    >thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread