Error bpbrm(pid=4128) socket read failed - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error bpbrm(pid=4128) socket read failed - Veritas Net Backup ; I get this error message everytime I try to back up a client server. Anyone have any ideas....

  1. Error bpbrm(pid=4128) socket read failed

    I get this error message everytime I try to back up a client server. Anyone
    have any ideas.

  2. Re: Error bpbrm(pid=4128) socket read failed

    There are literally 101 things that can cause those errors...

    If it's specific to one client though - I'd take a look at the client itself,
    i.e. a bad NIC, outdated drivers/firmware on the NIC, bad network cable,
    running half duplex, etc.

    If the activity monitor is showing a status 41, I'd increase the CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT
    (for unix it's a value you can put in the bp.conf file - in Windows it's
    a global setting that you can edit in the Media server host properties under
    timeout). The default is 300 seconds. If you go to the regular support
    page and sear for CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT you will find documents that explain
    this setting and how it works (or check out volume II of the 5.x or 6.x Administration
    Guides). Note this setting should go on the media server being used to backup
    the client.

    Another thing you may want to do is try to run a user backup from the client.
    See if that works - sometimes this will help isolate the problem.

    It's hard to say much more without knowing a few more details about what's
    going on like if the backup runs part of the way through, then fails or fails
    immediately.

    Deb

    "Steve" wrote:

    >I get this error message everytime I try to back up a client server. Anyone
    >have any ideas.

+ Reply to Thread